Essential oils for addiction recovery
Essential oils are used in diffusers, a drop on tissue and used to smell when needed. It can be used with a
carrier oil or base. Rules of thumb only use 7 – 10 drops of carrier/base per drops to be used on skin. It can be
placed on the pulse points.
Clary Sage is a very powerful essential oil for all types of recovery from addiction. It gives that euphoric effect.
Read more on my webpage.
- Bergamot ~ assists in calming agitation, alleviate depression and increase of energy.
- Lemon ~ assists with anxiety, depression, energizing, overeating, stress and relaxation.
- Black pepper ~ assists with addictions to tobacco.
- Orange ~ assists with anxiety, fear, withdraws and is uplifting.
- Clove ~ assists with tobacco addictions.
- Peppermint ~ assists with headaches, nausea, vomiting, fatigue and muscle aches.
- Grapefruit ~ assists with drug addictions, appetite suppression, anorexia, bulimia, metal stress and
- Roman chamomile ~ assists with calming and insomnia.
- Rosemary ~ assists with alcohol addiction, detoxification, fatigue and headaches.
- Lavender ~ assists with calming, anxiety, reduces mood swings and insomnia.
- Basil ~ assists in recovery from addictions, emotionally supportive and cravings.
- Alcohol: Rosemary, basil, frankincense, and chamomile
- Anxiety: Ylang ylang and lavender
- Caffeine: Basil and grapefruit
- Cravings: Grapefruit, clove, coriander, cinnamon, and peppermint
- Drugs: Grapefruit, chamomile, and basil (for marijuana)
- Eating Disorders: Grapefruit, bergamot, and cinnamon
- Food: Grapefruit and basil
- Porn: Frankincense
- Sex: Geranium and sandalwood
- Sugar: Grapefruit
- Tobacco: Clove, basil, black pepper
- Withdrawal Symptoms: Marjoram, sandalwood, orange, grapefruit, lavender, and other citrus
- Work Addiction: Basil, ylang ylang, orange, and lavender