||How do you know when your chakras are blocked?
This will assist you in finding out if you have a blocked chakra. When we recognize there is a block in the chakra
system, it allows us to focus on the blocked chakra to heal it. The chakras can be blocked due to excess or lack
of emotions and situations happening in our life.
Answer the following questions. If you answer yes to any of them or recognize yourself within that word or
statement, there is a block in the chakra.
Do I have emotions/feelings or display:
- A negative attitude
- Feel out of sorts
- High strung
- A tendency to be greedy
- You tend to be completely self-absorbed
- You may be absorbed by protecting your own self-interests and with little concern for how it will affect
- You may be very unkind in your attitude towards the earth and the environment with the rationalization
that you are actually securing and protecting it for humankind’s survival.
- You may feel that you are not at all grounded
- Your physical and emotional health may be very weak
- You may have the feelings of not from this world or that you do not belong here. Also, that you are totally
separated from everyone and everything. With out understanding that you do have a purpose here on earth.
- Your thoughts and actions primarily revolve around material possessions and security, as well as you are over
indulgence in sensual pleasures such as; foods, money, alcohol, sex, etc.
- You want your desires to manifest without consideration of the consequences.
- You will lack physical and emotional stamina.
- Many things in life worry you.
- You are filled with feelings of uncertainty.
- You lack the drive to achieve.
- Feel afraid of life
- Feel like victims
- Withdraw from physical reality
- Operate in our own interests only
- Any addictions or compulsions. Addictions do not have to be of drugs, tobacco or alcohol. It can also be
of; food, sex, spending money, or any excess of any activity or thing.
- Needing approval
- Power conscious
- Obsessively sexual
- Acting without thinking
- Inability to recognize limits.
- Are you worried about your social status
- Do you look down on others below your social status
- Do you think that others making less than you are lower than you and you are better because you make
- Do you think where you live makes you a better person.
- Do you think that beauty is more important or body image than some one that is not beautiful or not a so
call perfect body.
- Is your hang out place a bar or stripe club.
Ask yourself some of these questions:
- What emotional memories do I need to heal?
- What relationships current or past require healing?
- Are my emotional wounds taking over, causing me to try to control people or situations around me?
- Do I allow the wounds of others to control me? How do I let that happen?
- What do I need to forgive myself for? Who needs forgiving from me?
Physical related problems:
Situations and events that may have happened in our lives that we could be holding onto that have
- Knee troubles
- Lower back
- Sexual organs
- Sexual dysfunction
- Spinal column
- Prostate gland
- The building of cells
- Lower back pain
- Frequent colds
- Cold hands and cold feet.
cause a block:
Traumas happening from birth. Any childhood abandonment, physical abuse, lack of nurturing and or physical
neglect. This could also be in adult life experience of abandonment and neglect. However, this usually has a
relationship with past life issues which can be in this lifetime or past life experience. Family situations that were
not positive that could have dealt with money problems, poverty, family dysfunctions, anyone in the family unit
abused or harmed.
Crystals that can be used for assisting in healing this chakra:
Ruby ~ Fires enthusiasm, courage, drives away sadness and melancholy. Useful for adrenals and circulation and for
protection. Read more
Hematite ~ Restores strength, regulates blood flow, and strengthens will, vitality. Can aid pain relief. This stone
helps you to set protective boundaries when you feel as if others are intruding into your private space. Read more
Garnet ~ Fortifies inner flame, strength of character, stimulates metabolism. Read more
Jasper ~ "Grounding", Stimulates determination and courage and stimulates the circulation.
Obsidian ~ It helps you to see what material things you no longer need for growth. Also, assists in keeping you
grounded and repelling negative energy.
Apatite ~ Aids motivation and drive, enlivens, helps dispel apathy and lack of incentive.
Black tourmaline ~ This is a protective stone when you feel threatened at the survival level.
Smoky quartz ~ The lightest of the dark stones, helps to blend the energies of the first and seventh chakras.
Tiger's eye ~ Assists you to feel secure about physical existence.
Grounding is another tool to use in healing. This works very well with the base as this is the chakra that helps
us connect to the earth plane. To read about grounding and also there is an audio to walk you through on how to
ground, click here
Reiki is another way to heal the chakras. Either by doing self treatments or having someone do a reiki
treatment for you. If you would like to schedule an appointment with me, please contact me. For more
information on Reiki, Reiki I class or about my healing sessions click on the links.
By using affirmations it can assists us on the healing process. Click here to read my web page on affirmations.
Below is some affirmations on the Base Chakra.
*I am secure.
* I love and I am stable.
* I accept control over my life only.
* I let others be themselves and I am free.
* I do not accept anything interfering in my well being.
* I now discover how wonderful I am.
* I choose to love and enjoy myself.
* I accept abundance to enter within my life.
* I live in perfect harmony.
Yoga through healing
A yoga posture that helps to open the first Chakra is SETU BANDHASANA or BRIDGE
This posture helps you to focus on the first chakra energy. It strengthens the muscles of the abdomen and thighs
while you hold the posture.
Begin by lying on your back with your arms at your sides, your palms facing downward. Bend your knees bringing
the soles of your feet close to your buttocks.
Press down on the soles of your feet. You have a lot of strength there. Squeeze your buttocks and press your
pubic bone upward, allowing the pressing to lift your hips.
Then gradually lower myself back down to the floor. As you raise yourself up, feel that you are raising each
vertebrae off the floor one at a time until you are up and when lowering yourself, try to lower slowly, one
vertebrae at a time until I am back on the floor. During all the lifting and lowering, there is a squeeze in your
buttocks until it is resting on the floor. The raising and lowering sometimes reminds me of a rolled-top desk,
opening and closing.
Finally, raise in the full posture once again and stay up. (back to the instructions)....
Once you are up with your feet pressing down, your buttocks squeezed, your chest expanded, and your weight
shifted to your shoulders, bring your arms under you and bring your hands together...interlacing your hands.
Take some of the weight onto your arms and your shoulders. Expand your chest and breath into your expanded
When you are ready to release the posture, release your hands and allow your spine to roll down, using the
squeeze to control your descent.
The use of essential oils has been practiced for thousands of years. To learn more about essential oils and the use
of them, click here to read 101 of essential oils. To read about which oils and how to use them for the base
chakra, click here.
Chakra Balancing Meditation
Choose one or more stones for each chakra. You want to balance all of your chakras, even if you have a particular
one to work on. Lie down and place each stone on the appropriate location. I like to hold a clear quartz point and
rotate it over each stone, beginning at the first chakra.
Inhale deeply, and as you inhale, imagine your breath coming up through the soles of your feet, and filling your
body as it rises to the top of your head. As you exhale imagine it traveling back down your body and exiting
through the soles of your feet.
After you have practiced this for a while, you may want to visualize the color associated with each chakra as the
breath travels through the related part of the body.
If you are working on a particular chakra, you may want to create an affirmation related to it. For example, a
affirmation for the base could be "I am secure and stable now." Repeat the affirmation to yourself; visualize
yourself flooded with the color red. Imagine yourself instable and secure situations.
You cannot overdo chakra balancing, and it is a relaxing and simple way to meditate. As you continue to practice
it, you will find yourself more attuned to your subtle energies. You will become more aware of imbalances before
they express themselves physically.
Color healing the base chakra
With creative visualization we become open and exposed to the higher levels of consciousness that these
chakras respond to positively.
With the use of colors, we can expose ourselves to vitality, energy and healing that is activated when we
wear certain colors and use them in our lives.
Red represents life, fire, growth and the burning away of negativity and weakness. . . Red is the earth, the
soil, the stones and trees. Red makes you wake up and feel alive. The color red heals, regenerates and inspires
enthusiasm and a will to live.
Healing through sound
Dancing, music, and drumming also opens up and brings in positive healing energy into our base chakra. We all
have an eternal beat, that when we tap into, helps us to become open and alive once more. We sometimes
become unbalanced due to the fact that we have lost our personal beat. Through song, dance and physical
movement we can become aligned once more.
Read about the chakra blocks and balancing
Read about the base chakra